3 August 2015

Regimes


Just so you know, this will be one hell of a long post.


I had black hair for years and now it's silver. So, let's cut to the chase shall we? I had to bleach my hair seven times, yes 7. Nobody does that especially not in 2 months. Is it bad for your hair? Of course. Do I care? Not really. I have had naturally healthy hair for as long as I live, it's good to have a challenge now, to maintain and whatnot. Anyhow, the first 3 times was done by a friend and then I went to the salon because I was lazy to do it myself as my hair was quite long. The reason I bleached 7 times was because I dyed my hair black so I couldn't get an even blonde. The parts that were dyed black before remained darker than the rest of the hair. It was devastating. It would be easier for you if you hadn't dyed your hair raven black before. 4 times of bleaching should probably be enough for Asian hair to be blonde.

Extra point: I've conditioned my damaged hair with coconut oil in between bleaches before I've decided to dye it. I lather it on everyday and every night because the condition of my hair was terribly bad.  It was noodle-like and the split ends were crazy (Never knew what that was until I had it) So, I did everything I can to keep it from getting worse. The coconut oil works very well. Also, if you take a tablespoon or two everyday it helps you lose weight. Just in case you're wondering if it works, it does. It's amazing.



Okay, let's resume. As for the dyes, I've tried Schwarzkopf's Igora silver dye after my 6th bleach but that wasn't as good and it doesn't last as long. After my 7th bleach, which is the middle picture below, I've decided to cut off my hair and dye it with La riche Directions Silver. It is a semi permanent hair dye which works really well, not only does it conditions the hair, it lasts longer too.

It took me a long time to remove the orang-y tone from my hair, that is when the purple shampoo comes in. I use it once every three days to maintain the silver dye. I can't wash my hair everyday anymore as my hair is dry so when I do, I'd use the purple shampoo. I leave it on for about half an hour to get rid of the unwanted yellow and orange tones from my hair. The third picture is how it looks like with frequent usage of purple shampoo and La riche Directions Silver. Considering you don't need to mix La Riche Directions with any peroxide, you may leave it as long as you wish till your desired colour is achieved, I left mine for two hours.


Even after using La riche Directions, I still have a wee bit of light brown hair mixed up with most of my silver, not that noticeable, but it's there. That is when I've decided to make my own hair toner to get the exact silver that I've been wanting.


I've used this hair treatment cream and mixed it with a blue and purple powder hair dye to create an indigo color. This way it'll remove the orang-y tone from my hair. I lathered the mixture on my slightly damp hair and left it for 15 minutes. Surprisingly, it works perfectly. Better than any hair dyes I've used. Maybe a little too well that some parts of my already silver hair turns blue. But I love it.


This is the final outcome, after months of trying, I'm finally content. I even made a purple mixture to dye my sister's blonde hair with this method and it turns out beautiful. I bleached her hair twice and used this method to turn it from blonde to a rich purple. Even when it's fading, it faded into a pastel purple which looks gorgeous. The reason why I love this aside from La riche Directions', it's because it's less damaging than using any dyes with peroxide. This will be my go-to method whenever I need to tone my hair. All orange / yellow tone removed and my hair is left with silver and blue.

Stuffs I use to take care of my hair:



I've been using these two products and they work best for my dry and damaged hair. Trust me when I say I've tried a lot of products before landing on these two. Give it a try if you'd like but then again what works for me may not work for you but since all you have is time and money, why not? It's annoying really, when before this, I didn't even use anything on my hair and it was soft as fuck. But oh well, you gain something, you lose something else. Fortunately, I have ways to get what I've lost because I don't give up. You shouldn't either. I will keep finding new ways to get back my healthy hair and when I do, I'll let you know.

__________________________________________________________________

Now, let's talk about skin.
I'm a freak when it comes to my skin. I am obsessed. I don't get pimples, not often but I have developed a rather sensitive skin as I grow. I realized that when I'm 19 years old and I can't just use any random products as how I used to but thankfully I know my skin well enough to find the best products for it.

First of all, the current soap I'm using :

I have been using these two soaps for months and they're very good. I call them the Greellow Soap I used these for both my face and my body. Talk about being a cheapskate right? I don't care what matters is it works. I was told to use it only for my body but I thought why not, it's good. It's a herbal soap, the green works as a scrub and the yellow works as a skin lightener. These two soaps works wonders on my skin although it can be drying but it's very good. If you're already fair, you can use it to maintain your skin's fairness. These soaps also prevents and gets rid of acne. When using these, be sure your moisturizer or body lotion is hydrating enough.

Moving on to moisturizer:


I use Dr. Jart's Liquid Ceramidin. I've been using this for months and I rarely have breakouts. It is lightweight which is a plus point. So I can safely say it works well for those with sensitive skin. I use this after I cleanse my face with two those soaps. This will moisturize your face greatly without it being sticky. I bought this 2 months ago and I haven't even finished it. Although it's pricey, it lasts long as you don't have to use that much, probably just as big as a 20 cents' coin every time. This moisturizer is able to reduce the size of your pores and makes your skin looks healthier. Since I've used this, I don't plan on changing my moisturizer.

Aside from that I also use this little pulse cream:


I avoid slapping on a lot of products on my face because it's inconvenient and it might.. summon pimples. Yes, summon. So this one is good as all I have to do is rub it on my pulse. From the ones on my neck to the ones on my wrists and even my tummy. Apparently, it balances out your hormones, preventing breakouts and it makes your skin fairer. It works excellent in preventing breakouts, I had both my mom and my sister use it since they do have a lot of acnes and it works extremely well on them.

Twice a week kind of thing:


As for maintaining closed pores, I use Dr. Jart's Pore Medic. There's not much to say for this except for how amazing it is. Give it a try then you'll know. It leaves your skin soft and smooth with your blackheads gone. It makes the process of extracting your blackheads a lot easier.

As for the rest of my body, I mix this white cream I've been using for years with Johnson's Body Care Oxygen Fresh Gel Lotion to create a light serum that absorbs quickly into my skin. It works to lighten and hydrate your skin. I actually bought an empty bottle with a pump from Daiso to store this mixture. That is all I've been using for years.

Avoid using any creams that require you to dip your finger into it. If you keep doing that it'll allow bacteria to just sit in the cream and the more you use it the worse it gets, that is how you get pimples. If you need to, use a new cotton swab every time.

They think I'm crazy for caring so much for my skin but the truth is, little things matter. Why overlook them? For example, I taught my sister to not allow hair conditioner to drip down her back when she showers, also to avoid using hot water while she's at it as it'll cause back acne. At first she thought it was ridiculous but then she tried washing it my way and her back got a lot better. There's a cause for everything, you just need to observe.

Scars & pimples:

When there is a pimple on my face, I don't pop it because popping will only make it worse. So what I do is apply creams. I have about several different creams for different kinds of pimples. To those who think you can just use one for all, you're stupid. Below are the ones I often use.



 Simple's Spotless Skin Rapid Action for first sign of pimple (the not-so-big red bump)

 

Dermic Eucare Recover cream for the tiny white bumps (comedones), its cooling effect helps reduce the size of those tiny buggers to nonexistent. Aside from that, I do use Oxy 5 for bigger pimples, the kind that hurts before even appearing, it works well for that kind of pimple but the downside is that it dries out the skin rather badly.



And as for scars, when I have one, this is my go-to. It is absolutely amazing. It's pricey but worth it. I actually use this to get rid of the scar of my eyebrow piercing.

That is all for now. I am terribly exhausted. I'd be updating more once I've tried new products. I have tried many products online and offline, some of which are locally made, some are great and some are not. If you have a product that you think is good and would like me to make a review out of it, do send me an email. Although I do prefer products that is to be applied on my body instead of my face. Lastly, the most exciting part of this post is that you can actually purchase some of these items through the following website :


Yes, that will be my warehouse, online.
Have fun.